grab.comst Hokkaido University Scholarship is available for both undergraduate and graduate students and will cover tuition fees and other necessary expenses. Some of the fully funded financial aid opportunities include ISP, MEXT, and President Scholarship. By getting enrolled in one of these programs, you will get to participate in a unique learning experience that is different from any other university. Its campus is also surrounded by nature, which makes it a perfect place to study and live. We have made sure to share the application deadline along with the admission requirements in this article. Therefore, read out the further details and secure your enrollment in this world-class university.
Fully Funded Hokkaido University Scholarship | MEXT, JASSO, & Many More in Hokudai
About Hokkaido University
Hokkaido University is a leading research university in Japan which was founded in 1876 as the Sapporo Agricultural College, and now has 3,917 faculties and staff, as well as an enrollment of about 18,000 students. The university has a strong reputation in the sciences and is especially known for its work in agriculture and forestry. It is also home to a number of world-class research facilities and offers many special degree programs for international students. It is the oldest and largest university in Hokkaido, with 2 campuses, i.e. Sapporo and Hakodate Campus. Additionally, the university offers a wide range of programs and facilities that appeal to students from all backgrounds. Mr. Kiyohiro Houkin is the President of Hokudai.
The eligibility criteria for Hokkaido Scholarship in Japan vary, so it is important to check the requirements before applying.
- It is necessary that you are an international student wishing to study at Hokkaido University on a regular basis.
- You must have excellent academic records and show strong motivation for studying at Hokkaido University.
- You must be under the age of 30 and have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent at the time of application.
- Proof of the need for financial assistance must be provided by you.
- There are several options for the minimum English requirement, such as IELTS (Academic) 6.0, TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition 79, Medium of Instruction Certificate (MI), Revised TOEFL Paper-Delivered Test 60, TOEIC L&R 785, or TOEFL iBT 79.
Please note that some of the scholarships also have specific requirements such as country of origin. You can also read other application guidelines here.
Details of the Scholarship:
- Country: Japan
- University: Hokkaido University
- Institution Type: National University
- Financial Status: Fully Funded / Varies on program
- Academic Discipline: Master’s Degree / Undergraduate / Ph.D.
- Japanese Government Scholarships (MEXT)
- JASSO (Japan Student Services Organization)
- The Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation
- CSC Program (Scholarship Program supported by China Scholarship Council)
- Hokkaido University Special Grant Program for Self-Supported International Students
- Hokkaido University President’s Fellowship
- Global Leadership Program for Cold Region Engineering
- Fostering Leading Researchers to Develop Global Bioresource Platform
- Environmental Conservation Leaders for Post SDGs
- Integrated Science Program
- Modern Japanese Studies Program (MJSP)
- Global Education Program for AgriScience Frontiers
- Training Program for Innovators in Life Sciences – Be a Bridge between Hokkaido and the World
How to Apply for the Hokkaido University Scholarship?
To apply for the Hokkaido University Scholarship, all you need to do is fill out the application form and attach the required documents, i.e. Consent letter, official transcripts, and letter of recommendation. You must then submit this form to your university management as they have to send the required documents to the university within the application period. Make sure that your application must contain an official announcement of your candidacy from the president of your university to the president of Hokkaido University.
Last Date to Apply:
- 4th December
For more Scholarships in Japan:
- University of Tokyo Scholarships
- Kyoto University Scholarships
- Osaka University Scholarships
- Tohoku University Scholarships
- Nagoya University Scholarships
- Kyushu University Scholarships
- Tokyo Institute of Technology Scholarships
- University of Tsukuba Scholarships
- Waseda University Scholarships