For students who are looking to study abroad in Japan, the Osaka University Scholarships are one of the best opportunities for them that shouldn’t be missed. This financial aid program is open to students from all over the world, and they cover a wide range of fees and other expenses. If you are interested in applying for the MEXT scholarship or any other program, the time to do so is now. Its acceptance rate is more than 41% and we have made sure to share the complete admission requirements along with the application deadline. The application process is also simple, and the sooner you apply, the better your chances of being accepted. So what are you waiting for? Get more details below and start applying right away.
Osaka University Scholarships | Japanese Government Scholarship for International Students
About Osaka University
Osaka University, commonly known as Handai, is a national public research university situated in Osaka Prefecture, Japan. It is the third largest university in Japan as well as the 53rd-largest university in the world. The institution has over 24,000 students enrolled in its undergraduate and graduate programs. Additionally, Handai has a strong research program, with over 3,357 academic staff and 3,672 administrative staff working in its various departments. The university has a strong international reputation and attracts students from all over the world. It also provides a supportive and welcoming environment for international students. Mr. Shojiro Nishio is the President of Osaka University.
To be eligible for these Osaka scholarships, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled as a non-Japanese student at an accredited university outside of Japan.
- Be enrolled in or have been accepted for enrollment in a degree program at Osaka University
- Have a cumulative GPA of over 3.0.
- An applicant must have been born after 1986
- Having a good command of both English and Japanese.
Please Note: Awards and grants are open to highly talented and motivated international students who show great potential for future success. The scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence, personal achievements, and leadership qualities.
Details of the Scholarship:
- Country: Japan
- University: Osaka University
- Institution Type: Public Research University
- Financial Status: Fully Funded / Varies on program
- Academic Discipline: Master’s Degree / Undergraduate / Ph.D.
- Osaka University Foundation for the Future Scholarship
- Tuition Fee Exemption Program
- Osaka University Scholarship
- MEXT Scholarships
- JASSO Honors Scholarship for Privately Financed International Students
How to Apply for the Osaka University Scholarships:
The application procedure for all Osaka University Scholarships varies on the program. However, to be considered for the scholarship, students must first complete the online application form. Application procedures are divided into two types, i.e. Embassy Recommendation and University Recommendation. Complete the application after selecting the procedure. Once the form is completed, students will be required to submit their official transcripts, a personal essay, and two letters of recommendation. Please note that fees are not charged for undergraduate studies, but there is a $270 application fee for international students.
Last Date to Apply:
- December 20
- November 30
For more Scholarships in Japan:
- University of Tokyo Scholarships
- Kyoto University Scholarships
- Tohoku University Scholarships
- Nagoya University Scholarships
- Kyushu University Scholarships
- Tokyo Institute of Technology Scholarships
- University of Tsukuba Scholarships
- Hokkaido University Scholarships
- Waseda University Scholarships