If you are looking for an opportunity to receive a world-class education, look no further than the University of Tokyo Scholarship. They are now accepting applications for their fully funded programs, which will provide full fees and living expenses for the duration of the program. This is a highly competitive program, and only the best and brightest international students will be selected. However, if you are up for the challenge, this could be the opportunity of a lifetime. The acceptance rate for UTokyo is more than 34% and there are currently several programs available for financial assistance, including ADB, foreign studies, MEXT, and bright scholarship. Whether you want to apply for the graduate, undergraduate, PhD program, or any postdoctoral fellowship, we have made sure to share with you the complete guidelines of the Tokyo Scholarship programs which also include GPA requirements.
University of Tokyo Scholarship 2023-2024 (Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship) – Admission Details
About the University of Tokyo
The University of Tokyo is a public research university that is situated in Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan. It is the first and largest of Japan’s National Seven Universities, and one of the world’s leading universities. The university has 10 faculties with a total of around 28,171 students. The university is known for its research in science and technology, as well as its strong tradition in the humanities and social sciences. It is affiliated with IARU, AEARU, AGS, BESETOHA, AALAU, Washington University in St. Louis, as well as McDonnell International Scholars Academy. UTokyo is Japan’s oldest and most prestigious university with several Nobel Prize winners and Fields medalists among its alumni and faculty. The university has 15 graduate schools and offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in a wide range of disciplines. Mr. Teruo Fujii is the President of Todai.
UTokyo Scholarship is a competitive scholarship for international students who wish to study there. To be eligible for the scholarship, students must have excellent grades and be proficient in Japanese. Students must be 18 to 30 years of age, with a high school diploma or 12 years of schooling. They must be registered as an undergraduate student outside of Japan at the time of application. In addition, to study at UTokyo, you must have at least a 4.5 cumulative GPA. However, GPA requirements for the Tokyo University Scholarship vary according to the program for which you are applying. The selection process is highly competitive, and only the top students are selected.
Details of the Scholarship:
- Country: Japan
- University: University of Tokyo
- Institution Type: Public Research University
- Financial Status: Fully Funded / Varies on program
- Academic Discipline: Master’s Degree / Undergraduate / Ph.D.
- Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship
- University Scholarship for PEAK Students
- MEXT Honors Scholarship for Privately Financed International Students
- International Student Special Scholarship Program (The University of Tokyo Fellowship)
- Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) “Scholarships for Study in Japan”
- The University of Tokyo Assistance Association
- Scholarships by Private Foundations
How to Apply for the University of Tokyo Scholarship?
You may find the University of Tokyo Scholarship application process challenging, but with the right information and some careful preparation, you can increase your chances of being awarded a scholarship. First of all, to apply, an applicant must obtain a favorable recommendation from the faculty at UTokyo in order to be considered by the Japanese government. Click below on the “Apply Here” button and choose the program which you want to pursue. Now make sure you meet the eligibility requirements. Now, gather all the required documents and fill out the online application form.
Last Date to Apply:
Depending on the program you are applying for, the application deadline varies. There are, however, a few programs that have the 29th of October as the deadline.
For more Scholarships in Japan:
- Kyoto University Scholarships
- Osaka University Scholarships
- Tohoku University Scholarships
- Nagoya University Scholarships
- Kyushu University Scholarships
- Tokyo Institute of Technology Scholarships
- University of Tsukuba Scholarships
- Hokkaido University Scholarships
- Waseda University Scholarships